Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Open Wide


The first couple weeks of being back have been a transition, as I said. Step out the door, and I am hit with the familiar, but powerful smells of the neighborhood. It was almost choking down under the Manhattan Bridge. During the winter, the transition of living here into the spring and then beginning of summer, I had time to acclimate to the sounds and smells on the streets. Thrown back into it, I am struggling to keep my balance.



I may move in the coming months, but what will I do when my favorite subject is no longer also the place that I live? Living the transition, I will lightly weather back to the usual smells of the New York City streets. I miss walking out the door to a "normal" set of smells and sights, less garbage maybe. What is the overall price we pay to live here, clustered, stacked on one another? I love New York.


1 comment:

  1. i love these pictures, but the bottom one is the SHIT!



    NEW YORK!

    ReplyDelete