Monday, September 27, 2010

Making new friends

We should always be asking ourselves, "how do we get better"?  I am crossing a threshold where it is becoming more and more important to approach my subject, and get to know them.  My new friends, Lola and Co., would not have appreciated if I had stolen a snapshot of them.  My experience talking with them was valuable and also fulfilling to have established a connection.  Maybe I would have gotten one good shot, but I am certainly glad to make their acquaintance instead, and maybe become friends in the future.

Certainly the result is something more that I was able to take away not only in the photograph, but an experience that was shared with my subjects.  I sat up in my office, thinking about them for most of the day as I typed, googled, e-mailed, and ate lunch...

No comments:

Post a Comment