Sunday, August 22, 2010

The high plains


Here is a special place in my heart. Like a love that is unrequited, I come in and out like a drifter, though I wish to live here, I wish to die here. There are colors that come together unlike in any place I have ever seen. If I dream anymore, I dream of walking in this place, over sandy mounds, climbing through and between ancient oceans to reveal the next canyon, the next desert, the next plain.


Love like a sunset, love like a cloud, passing over, passing time. It makes no sense to be here, but I gravitate anyway. It is a shame that I could not stay longer, yet it would be a shame to learn of every crevice and cacti, meet every one of the few living creatures, what would I do if I knew all of her intricacies? Would I leave forever, would I never look back? Would I be satisfied with just an image of her to hold, until the next time I can be there? Satisfied, but not happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment