Monday, August 30, 2010

The Great Finally


There really isn't much to say, except that I am home, and no longer on the road. The emotions are mixed, since being in New York City again is so different from the National Parks. I am going to miss getting into the little details of things, waiting for the light, and a breeze empty of sounds and artificial smells. It is over, so from here on out, I am back to the streets again. I'm going to miss more than the breeze, more than the colors, the heat, the air.








There is a special experience, being in nature, if only as a tourist, that we are starting to lack in daily life. When inside the hustle of the cities, we have taken nature into our own hands, the umbilical to the rest of the living world severed, kept around only to suit our needs and hungers. There will be a time one day where I retreat, and try a more peaceful life out in the mountains or desert. But until then, I must spread the word, and share the importance of these things, and these places. If only some will listen, if only a few minds are changed, then it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment