Thursday, May 13, 2010

The beginning!



Yo!

I wanted to start this out small, and simple, with a not-so-great portrait. This way, the blog can only get better.

In exactly two weeks from today I'll be leaving to teach the summer workshops. The purpose of this blog is to chronicle, in some way, my photographing experience. It begins in Chinatown. Here I have been trying to convey the kind of life I have lived for the last 6 months in the city I was born, but outside of the culture I live in. I walk in and out of this place as some kind of stranger. I have learned the good places to eat, where the light falls at certain times of day, and where to find most anything from cheap sunglasses, to the local buddhist monk.

I'm going to work more on making this better, and connecting everyone to this location. Also, look here for news on the summer, shows, museum reviews, and residencies...

No comments:

Post a Comment