Monday, February 7, 2011

Confetti everywhere


Yesterday was the Chinese New Year Parade in New York City, and I found myself photographing mostly children and people enjoying the parade, rather than the parade itself.  "Confetti everywhere" is all I could think, all I could seem to photograph all day.  Most of the enjoyment it seemed came from popping confetti tubes, which showered the streets and onlookers, covering the pavement with a pinkish, liquid mass.  It was a lot of fun, but once I got myself in the mind of a child, I began to enjoy the whole thing much more.  I would be curious, if anyone could tally a figure, of how many of those confetti shooters were used yesterday.

Big ups to the New York City sanitation workers who cleaned house after the parade.  They were working the moment the last float turned down Mott and Canal, and this morning is the cleanest I have seen Chinatown... for the entire year I have lived there!













No comments:

Post a Comment