Thursday, June 10, 2010

Macrocosms


Finally, I have made it to Yosemite. Time to post and internet use has been sparse, which is really an amazing thing. Here is an unusual image of Half Dome, one of the most iconic of Yosemite's granite monoliths. 200mm f/3.5


This was an incredibly wet June, where the heavy snowfall from winter is drowning the meadows. All of this makes for a very late spring. Here is a fern ready to uncurl. Macro 100mm f/16.


All of the falls, rivers, and streams are gushing in torrents. They can be heard from afar, and sometimes the mist travels and lands on you in a welcoming spray. 50mm f/8.


Unlike many years in the past, I have been taking a picture of everything I see. For some time, I was bad about practicing, and photographing just to photograph. I had to remember that even the basic things I see all around me are not always seen by others, and need to be translated through my own vision of them. 50mm f/16


The macro has been my tool of choice, in which the microcosms of texture and life are brought out in a way unlike they can be seen. Macro 100 f/11. I am going to try harder to post more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment